June 13, 2010
"Education should be from parents, schools, even churches as to the dangers of tanning beds"
While researching the Gov't's proposal on "Lifestyle Modification".
This topic peaked my interest as to why anyone would want to modify my lifestyle. I ran into some 'anonymous' recommendations made to this disturbing legislation.
The recommendations were made to the Healthy People 2020 initiative.
Click on this: Reduce the Rate of Sunburn.C HP2020–12:
at the very bottom you see the following:
Anonymous on 11/15/2009 7:41:00 PM Objective Clarification, Data Source: Add comments that suggest Objective Clarification, recommendations to update the Objective Text, information on the Data Source, and detail on the Status.Editors Note:
There is an article by Katrina Koerting,Staff Writer at http://www.connpost.com/fdcp71250521102185, that states; "Tanning beds, or sun beds, are now grouped in the highest cancer risk group, group 1, an increase to it's previous classification of "probably carcinogenic to humans", the International Agency for Research on Cancer said in a study released July 29."
"The study said the risk of getting melanoma is now 75 percent for people who use tanning beds before age 30."
retrieved from www.yalecancercenter.org/news/CT-Post-tanning-beds.pdf
Updated 08/05/2009 10:26:58 AM EDT
"This to me is an even higher percentage of those people under 30 for risks of getting one of three skin cancers, melanoma. Unless there is more education on the risks and consequences of using tanning beds the percentage could increase in future years. Also, the ozone layer is depleting due to carbon emissions, chemical sprays, smoking, etc. This education should be from parents, schools, even churches as to the dangers of tanning beds, time exposure to the sun, as well as the use of sunscreens year round. There should also be an increase of sunscreens in products, such as lotions, and lip protectors such as balms, ointments. "
- Propaganda: utilizing churches & schools.
- Promoting the use of dangerous toxic Sunscreen
a list of 700 name-brand sunscreens along with the toxic chemicals they contain. You'll find the list at http://www.ewg.org/sunscreen/
As the EWG reports, many sunscreen products contain cancer-causing chemicals that get absorbed right through the skin:
Some sunscreens absorb into the blood and raise safety concerns. Our review of the technical literature shows that some sunscreen ingredients absorb into the blood, and some are linked to toxic effects. Some release skin-damaging free radicals in sunlight, some act like estrogen and could disrupt hormone systems, several are strongly linked to allergic reactions, and still others may build up in the body or the environment. FDA has not established rigorous safety standards for sunscreen ingredients.
- The purposeful omission of the positive effects of the sun on our bodies ie. Vitamin D.
The benefits of Vatamin D from the sun is well documented.
- Vitamin D is produced by your skin in response to exposure to ultraviolet radiation from natural sunlight.
- The healing rays of natural sunlight (that generate vitamin D in your skin) cannot penetrate glass. So you don't generate vitamin D when sitting in your car or home.
- It is nearly impossible to get adequate amounts of vitamin D from your diet. Sunlight exposure is the only reliable way to generate vitamin D in your own body.
- A person would have to drink ten tall glasses of vitamin D fortified milk each day just to get minimum levels of vitamin D into their diet.
- The further you live from the equator, the longer exposure you need to the sun in order to generate vitamin D. Canada, the UK and most U.S. states are far from the equator.
- People with dark skin pigmentation may need 20 - 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned people to generate the same amount of vitamin D. That's why prostate cancer is epidemic among black men -- it's a simple, but widespread, sunlight deficiency.
- Sufficient levels of vitamin D are crucial for calcium absorption in your intestines. Without sufficient vitamin D, your body cannot absorb calcium, rendering calcium supplements useless.
- Chronic vitamin D deficiency cannot be reversed overnight: it takes months of vitamin D supplementation and sunlight exposure to rebuild the body's bones and nervous system.
- Even weak sunscreens (SPF=8) block your body's ability to generate vitamin D by 95%. This is how sunscreen products actually cause disease -- by creating a critical vitamin deficiency in the body.
- It is impossible to generate too much vitamin D in your body from sunlight exposure: your body will self-regulate and only generate what it needs.
- If it hurts to press firmly on your sternum, you may be suffering from chronic vitamin D deficiency right now.
- Vitamin D is "activated" in your body by your kidneys and liver before it can be used.
- Having kidney disease or liver damage can greatly impair your body's ability to activate circulating vitamin D.
- The sunscreen industry doesn't want you to know that your body actually needs sunlight exposure because that realization would mean lower sales of sunscreen products.
- Even though vitamin D is one of the most powerful healing chemicals in your body, your body makes it absolutely free. No prescription required.